Thursday, Jan. 7
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
Friday, Jan. 8
• Tucson Foothills Rotary Club will meet at the Metropolitan Grill. Details: 12 noon; 7892 N. Oracle Road.
Friday to Tuesday, Jan. 8-12
• Free GED classes, preparation and tutoring will be provided by Pima County Public Library tutors with adult education certifications, and will be taught in English for students ages 16 and older. Details: 4-7 p.m. Monday; 4:45-7:45 p.m. Tuesday; 1-4 p.m. Friday; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Branch Library, 7800 N. Schisler Road; free; 594-5200.
Saturday, Jan. 9
• The Arizona Mystery Writers meet with guest speaker Ben Jimenez, Tucson homicide and narcotics detective, and author MaryAnn Hutchison. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Home Town Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Road; $17.50, $12.50 members; 577-7270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday & Wednesday, Jan. 9 & 13
• Score Business Counseling will offer one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.
Tuesday, Jan. 12
• The 2010 Multi-Chamber Business Expo will be held in conjunction with Governor Brewer's State of the State Luncheon/Address at the Tucson Convention Center. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; 260 S. Church Ave.
• Edward Jones financial adviser Terry Hlivko will host a free satellite broadcast, "Outlook 2010: What's Next for Investors." Details: 9:30-10:15 a.m. or 4:30-5:15 p.m.; 6735 E. Broadway Blvd.; free; 731-1521.
• Pima County, in conjunction with AMCA, City of Tucson and ACT, will present Business of Construction courses geared toward construction companies and individuals wanting to learn more about the construction business and how to survive in today's environment. Details: 3-7 p.m.; Dr. Herbert K. Abrams Public Health Center, 1st Floor Conference Rooms, 3950 S. Country Club Road; $100; 740-8260.
• Job Coaching: Resume Writing and Interview Skills workshop will be held at Catalina Foothills Church. Details: 6:30 p.m.; 2150 E. Orange Grove Road, Room 406; free; http://www.cfcpca.org/jobsearch.asp">www.cfcpca.org/jobsearch.asp.
Tuesday to Wednesday, Jan. 12-13
• Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Branch Library will offer "Job Help," resume writing, online job searching, email accounts, Internet searching, and more. Details: 1-5 p.m. Tuesday, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Wednesday; Wheeler Taft Abbett Library, 7800 N. Schisler Drive; free; 594-5200.
Tuesdays & Thursdays, Jan. 12-Feb. 9
• Pima County Cooperative Extension will offer Certified Landscape Professional Training Series for landscape professional and Green Industry personnel. Details: 3:30-6 p.m. Tuesday & Thursday; Pima County Natural Resources Parks & Recreation, 3500 W. River Road; free but registration required; 626-5162 or http://www.ag.arizona.edu/pima/smartscape">www.ag.arizona.edu/pima/smartscape.