A list of business-related events for the week of Thursday, May 22, through Thursday, May 29.
THURSDAY, MAY 22
• The Arizona Small Business Association will hold a safety seminar, offering tips on managing workers compensation claims. Details: 8:30 a.m. registration, 9 to 10 a.m. program; ASBA conference center, 4811 E. Grant Road, Suite 261; $10 per person; for more information, call 327-0222 or e-mail email@example.com.
• The Arizona Small Business Association and the Microbusiness Advancement Center will hold a program, titled “Who Needs Marketing?”, to provide business owners with tools to better connect with potential customers. Details: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; ASBA conference center, 4811 E. Grant Road, Suite 261; $10 for members; $12 for non-members; for more information or to register, call 327-0222.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold a mixer / open house at The Golf Villas at Oro Valley. Details: 5 to 7 p.m.; 10950 N. La Cañada Drive; for more information, call 682-4314 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Tucson Business Charity Mixer will be held at Anthony’s in the Catalinas. Details: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.; 7464 N. Campbell Ave.; free; for more information, call Wayne Weld at 240-4552, or go online to http://www.active.com/donate/tntdms/tntdmsWWeld">www.active.com/donate/tntdms/tntdmsWWeld.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 28
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce’s Legislative and Economic Development Committee will meet. Details: 8 a.m.; Marana Operations Center, 5100 W. Ina Road (west of Interstate 10); for more information, call 682-4314.
• SCORE counselors will give advice to small business owners or anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m. to noon; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free, but reservations required; for more information or to make a one-hour appointment, call 229-5300.
THURSDAY, MAY 29
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly networking breakfast at the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf and Tennis Resort. Details: 7 to 8:30 a.m.; 10000 N. Oracle Road; $18 for members, $21 for non-members (must be pre-paid); for more information, call 297-2191.